September 8, 2014

Catching Up.



Hey there!  It’s been a little bit since I posted and I’m going to be better about that, I swear!  It’s just that sometimes I don’t have a whole lot that is new to report so I don’t really feel worthy of taking your time, ha. 
The only NEW news that is going on is that I finally drank the kool-aid and joined Crossfit.  Is it weird that I have been sort of keeping it on the DL?  I don’t know if that’s just because EVERYone is joining or at least talking about it…I have no idea.  The reason for me, though, is that I just wanted to be challenged; I was ready for something new.  Most of you know now that I am obsessed with fitness, I really do love it…I am surprised at how easy that part of this healthy journey is for me.  I always make the time to work out…I just feel good doing it and it makes me happy, so I do it.  But I like to switch things up; I like trying new things and that’s what Crossfit is offering me, right now.  I want to learn proper lifting form and I want to challenge my body to try new things and get strong.  That’s what my focus is on right now:  getting strong.  I don’t want to get to my goal weight and have only lost weight – I want to be healthy all around.  My current class is Exercise Physiology and I am learning SOO much about how our bodies perform and react to certain types of movement and how it functions.  It has really made Crossfit so much more interesting from a physiological point of view.

Stay tuned, I’m sure I will have lots more to share…but I promise not to bombard you with all things Crossfit because let’s be honest, that’s annoying.
Another thing I’ve really been focusing on is clean eating…and by that I don’t mean any type of “plan” but just trying to incorporate more whole foods, reducing sugar intake; getting back to basics.  My next class is Nutrition and I cannot wait to get into it and learn more.
One last thing to share, and if you follow A Healthy Makeover on Facebook you’ve seen this pic, so my apologies for the redundancy…recently I celebrated my 43rd birthday so I decided to look back and see if I could find some pictures from 10 years ago and I found this lovely piece of goodness.  Birthday’s are great to reflect and it was nice to look back and see how far I’d come.  I spent ALL of my 20s and 30s overweight.  I am so happy that I finally made the decision to stop the regret cycle and actually do something that I’d be proud of.  I just can’t spend another 20 years of my life as an obese person.  I wonder if I even had another 20 years?  Pretty scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment