December 31, 2015

2015 Year in Review


Today I finished 2015 with a 4 mile reflective run so I felt the need to share my thoughts with my friends 😊 

I'm not one of those people that has to have music when I run; oftentimes I use that time to think...many times I'm really just thinking about how great it'll feel when I'm done 😜 As 2015 comes to a close, I thought back to this time last year. Of course at that time, I was ever hopeful that I would finally reach my goal weight, but an entire year later, I am finally able to laugh at the fact that I still anchored "health" with a number. Healthy is so much more than what the scale says! I honestly believe that now. I am thankful that I'm closer to a more appropriate weight for me than I was last year, but continuing to put a timeframe on it is ridiculous. Life throws in hurdles to challenge you and hands you amazing opportunities to prove to yourself that you're stronger than you think. This year brought so many opportunities. I was handed a few illness and injury obstacles. I know that at some point I won't be able to compare "Unhealthy Jenn" with "Healthy Jenn" anymore but for now, I still can. UJ would have given up as soon as one of these obstacles showed up. But HJ can't even imagine giving up. These challenges are strength builders. I was set to run my first half marathon and never got to do it because of my torn meniscus. My heart was broken - but I  never gave up; instead today I can celebrate that before getting hurt I ran the farthest I had ever run: 9 miles...and I'm thankful that my running days are not over like I thought they would be. I was also given the opportunity to spend more time working out at Crossfit and fell in love all over again; it helps me mentally and physically. I have met wonderful people and have amazing coaches that tailored workouts for me while I rehabbed. I learned to be a little more patient while listening to my body. 

As I begin my 5th year of my healthy makeover, I AM healthy. That was my goal all along, and here I am healthier than I have been since high school. Four years ago if you'd have told UJ where she'd be today, she wouldn't have believed you. But here we are. 

In 2015, I ran 114+ miles, hiked 35+ miles, walked 130+ miles and completed more WOD's than I can even count. This is my healthy life...every day making the decision to keep going and to make healthy choices as often as I can. I am so thankful for this life and I refuse to waste it. I cannot wait to see what 2016 will bring! 

Happy New Year to all of you! Thank you always for your support and encouraging words, I cannot express how appreciative I am for you! Here's to a healthy new year and new opportunities to uncover your amazing strengths.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment